2007 pt. 2

I love year end lists.. even though I swear I'm not incredibly late on this.. Sorry folks, I was on vay-kay. I always find this process kind of confusing cause there are albums I didn't fully listen to but I fully enjoyed the parts that I did and I find myself relistening to things that I didn't give a good enough chance to.. is that cheating? I dunno. Also, there are albums that have been released in the past month or so and haven't fully grown on me, but they could fully well have been in my top albums of 2007 otherwise. I think my choices end up (simply) being something that I found unique and interesting or something that I overplayed, often ending up in both of those categories.

LPs
(dd/mm Record Label)

10. The Go! Team-proof of youth
(11/9 Sub Pop(US)/Secret City(CAN))

9. Eluvium-Copia
(2/20 Temporary Residence)

8. Swod-Sekunden
(??/11 City Centre Offices)

7. The Dirty Projectors-Rise Above
(11/9 Dead Oceans)

6. Goldmund-Two Point Discrimination
(20/11 Type Records)

5. Wintersleep - Welcome to the Night Sky
(rlsd 08/10 through Labwork/EMI)

4. Battles-Mirrored
( 14/5 Warp Records)

3. The National-Boxer
(rlsd 22/5 through Beggars Banquet Records)

2. St. Vincent-Marry Me
(rlsd 10/07 Beggars Banquet Records)

1. Paul Duncan-Above the Trees
( 1/05 Home tapes)

Honourable Mentions:


Colourbook CD
Holy Fuck LP
Dreamboat CD
Jimmy Eat World - Chase the Light
Julianna Barwick - Sanguine
Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam
Radiohead - In Rainbows
Laura Veirs - Saltbreakers
Miracle Fortress - Five Roses
Old life Compilation!
Yelle -Pop Up
Digitalism - Idealism
Dan Deacon - Spiderman of the Rings

Songs

St. Vincent - Marry Me (
mp3)
Battles - Atlas (mp3)
Rhianna - Umbrella
Dreamboat - Rice Dream
LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
Laura Veirs - Pink Light
Animal Collective - Fireworks
Animal Collective - Peacebone
Muscles - Ice Cream
The National - Green Gloves
The National - Fake Empire
St. Vincent - Now, Now
Paul Duncan - The Lake Pt. 2
Colourbook - Krakatoa
Colourbook - Wimbledon Riot
Tegan and Sara - Nineteen
Windmill - Tokyo Moon
Yacht. - See a Penny (Pick it Up)
Panda Bear - Comfy in Nautica
J Dilla - Wild (RIP)
Ghosthustler - Parking Lot Nights
Gameboy/Gamegirl - Sweaty Wet/Dirty Damp
Dan Deacon - the Crystal Cat
Busdriver - the Troglodyte Wins
Little Dragon - Twice

0 thoughts:

Newer Post Older Post Home