Almost Nostalgic

These guys are kinda old news, but they aren't tired in my ears. I didn't know I had a thing for Scottish anthems that all seem to be about boom boom (until now, of course). I only just figured out the meaning of their album title, The Midnight Organ Fight (perhaps a double entendre). Still, pretty/clever lyrics fill these tunes (i.e. "Jesus is just a Spanish boy's name. How come one man got so much fame?)

Listen to the whole album. Several times. I think it's taken me a few months to realize just how good it is. This is that stick in your head/throat/heart music both you and I needed.

Frightened Rabbit-The Modern Leper
Frightened Rabbit-Keep Yourself Warm
Frightened Rabbit-Fast Blood


They play in Vancouver October 29th at the Media Club.

Myspace

0 thoughts:

Newer Post Older Post Home