Sorry for my enthusiasm, I just get really excited when I find new ways to put off the papers that are piling up. Like Legrand over there, in the sand. I bet she's thinking " I'm so stoked I'm not writing a paper right now!"

Victoria Legrand and Alex Scally, not dating, not related, from Baltimore, are Beach House.

Beach House - Gila (mp3)

Gila is from their second LP, Devotion, released Feb 26th by Carpark Records.

I'd say this song is the soundtrack to my life at this moment. Can't say why, but I really enjoy the eerie tone set by the chiming organs, Victoria's seemingly distant voice, and her muted staccato ah's and oh's. I find the urge to sing along to them irresistable.

5 thoughts:

I think this may be the best post on SO ever. For serious. You are so sincere, my favourite quality.

April 3, 2008 at 7:13 p.m.  

Not to be a prickly pear, but I think Beach House are from Baltimore.

April 3, 2008 at 8:13 p.m.  

But I love Nas!

April 3, 2008 at 8:14 p.m.  

they totally are from baltimore. (i fixed it now) i am very uneducated with US geography and ALWAYS get the cities and states mixed up. there are just so MANY in the states and canada has what?... like THREE major urban centres...maybe 4 including ottawa.

thanks nevin :)

April 4, 2008 at 2:09 p.m.  

I only knew that because I did a Baltimore show a few weeks ago and played Beach House. There are a lot of good Baltimore bands though..I was surprised

April 4, 2008 at 5:11 p.m.  

Newer Post Older Post Home