A Toronto-themed morning


Hayden - In Field & Town (mp3)

I keep this song on repeat for a few simple reasons (but then again, when are my reasons ever complex?). "In Field & Town" makes my head bob back and forth and causes a little smirk to grow on my face. It also forces involuntary dance moves as I walk around my apartment. Sometimes I close my eyes and this track's kinetic sound conjures images of trotting through the warm sun while it glistens off my face (says the sun-deprived girl stuck in a very wet, cold, and grey Vancouver). I blame the accordion for the sunshine reminiscence.

Popping out albums (like UVic rabbits pop out bunnies) since 1994, Hayden released In Field & Town this year. I encourage a listen.

===================================================================

Crystal Castles - Untrust us (mp3)
Crystal Castles - Alice Practice (mp3)

Sharing their name with a 1983 Atari game, the band Crystal Castles (myspace) possesses a similar genre of sound. In fact, they use a modified keyboard fixed with an Atari sound chip to inundate their songs with samples from this classic video-gaming unit. From Toronto, Crystal Castles have, in particular, grabbed a fair amount of attention in the UK. They started their tour in Victoria last night and will be stopping in many various locations throughout the UK near the end of their tour.

STOKED FOR THE SHOW TONIGHT. Prepping for bikini season, I'm glad Thrash Thrash Thrash is on my iPod every time I work out. I regret to announce that there is absolutely no chance I'll be able to recollect enough from the show to report back. But, I can ensure you it will be extremely fun and dancey.

3 thoughts:

ahahah, the bikini season remark has been verified!

p.s. the crystal castles ... i likes. a lot.

June 6, 2008 at 4:11 p.m.  

i blogged about CC in january!

June 7, 2008 at 12:00 a.m.  

siiick

can't stop rockin' out to it (CC).

i heard of 'em before but didn't think much of it.

courtship dating, tooooo goooooood!

ugh, i should have gone to their concert when i had the chance.

July 29, 2008 at 11:26 a.m.  

Newer Post Older Post Home