RE: Feed the Animals


Do I feel guilty for not paying for it? I mean, it's technically not illegal downloading since they give you the option of paying nothing. I do feel a little guilty though, except I probably would have downloaded it anyway. I kind of want to see a pie chart of why people didn't pay. I chose the option "I am part of the press, radio, or music industry". I feel even more guilty now, whatever. I probably would have donated if it actually went to feeding the animals. That would have been a better marketing trick. Also, I thought Girl Talk was "original", why did Gillis copy that other band?


The album itself: It is a continuation of the last album with little to no surprises. The only things that made me realize he didn't just make it right after the first one was a clip of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend", Lil Mama's "lipgloss" and of course, Soulja Boy. I think you have to genuinely like pop music and mainstream rap to enjoy it (not ironically). Personally, I do which is why I love(d) Night Ripper. Feed the Animals just seems tired before it's even been broadcasted in local scenester bars. That being said, if there was anyone who could mix top 40 and make it cool for hipsters, it would be Girl Talk, which definitely stems from his musical juxtaposition of choice (See:Paula Cole-Dawson's Creek Theme + Wu Tang Clan-C.R.E.A.M.). I guess I was just hoping with all the personal branding and hype that's been going on, it would be a little more innovative.
My favourite part is when he mixes mainstream rock with mainstream rap.


P.S. I'll see you at the show.

4 thoughts:

good glAvin, we all know the Dawson's Creek theme is by Paula Cole, not Chantal Creviazuk. keepin you honest Camilla, keein you honest..

July 3, 2008 at 11:11 p.m.  

oh shit, youre so right. fuck, i am a failure. that comong form someone who love's 90's alt-females and their 'rock'. kevin-you rawk.

July 6, 2008 at 1:46 a.m.  

P.s> lilith fair 43va!

July 6, 2008 at 2:02 a.m.  

you said it perfectly.
like night ripper, only boring.
no growth.

July 14, 2008 at 6:44 p.m.  

Newer Post Older Post Home