Wayward Wind

I am back from a weekend of hardcore in Tacoma, Washington. 3 days of hardcore is way too much! The ride back the van had a ban on hardcore. So I return with a brand new recording from The One AM Radio, who is in the process of writing a new album.

The One AM Radio is an anomaly on hardcore punk labels. A musical project of Hrishikesh Hirway, based out of LA, it is his soothing vocals over instrumental arrangements bordering on ambient electronica, post-rock and chamber music. He does most of his own recording, playing several instruments and producing all the beats.

He is an anomaly to me due to the fact that most of his earlier releases are released on D.I.Y. punk labels, doing even splits with hardcore bands I enjoy, which by the way is how I discovered him (split with Jerome’s Dream). With full lengths released on Level Plane (Greg of Hot Cross / Saetia fame’s label) and the vinyl version of one done by Electric Human Project I can only guess that this man is involved or friends with the diy hardcore scene. Fear not however his music is not hardcore punk!

Last year he released his first record, and third full length, on Dangerbird records entitled This Too Will Pass. I was blown away by this record; it was after I finally decided to look more into him, the song Cast Away also appeared on the split with Jerome’s Dream 6 years previous which was my introduction to Hrishikesh’s music. This record made my top 15 indie/electronic albums of the year list.

Here are is a new song from the One AM Radio!

I hope you enjoy, it is a version of the old song “The Wayward Wind” which has also seen covers done by Patsy Cline and Neil Young. I will also include the older version of Cast Away that I was introduced to his music with.

[MP3] The One Am Radio - The Wayward Wind

[MP3] The One Am Radio - Cast/Away (from split with Jerome's Dream)

You can visit his website here

ALSO Here is a nice little video he made for the instrumental track Brittle Filament off of This Too Will Pass.



3 thoughts:

totally dig the video

May 27, 2008 at 1:30 p.m.  

word Troy! you know I love The One AM Radio!

June 2, 2008 at 10:25 a.m.  

dope.

both the video and the music.
soo good.

June 6, 2008 at 9:14 a.m.  

Newer Post Older Post Home